Tuesday, October 12, 2010

halee blogging is just silly

when i was about 9 years old, my mom saw something about gratitude journals on Oprah and decided that every night at dinner we as a family were each going to write down 5 things we were grateful for. she bought us really cool journals and for about 3 nights we kept our journals, before they were buried under homework, dishes and everything else and eventually forgotten. of course i thought it was silly and that i didn't need to write things down to appreciate them.
now that i'm 2,000 miles away from home, missing my friends and my family (and most especially tim hortons) i find it super easy to forget how lucky i am and just get stuck in a difficult and frustrating place being homesick.
soo that all being said, i have decided to start keeping a blog of all the things that i am grateful for! i figure in the act of writing it down it will help me remember how truly blessed i am, and help me avoid that pesky homesickness that so often controls my attitude!
i am doing it in blog form so my mother can look on proudly and see that her gratitude journal efforts were not completely wasted! :)
thanks for stopping by!
halee

No comments:

Post a Comment