Monday, March 28, 2011

serenity

this is a difficult week, and absolutely time for me to remember what i'm thankful for :)

1. i have amazing friends. from kate skyping with me until 3 am her time because i needed some face time with my best friend, to chelsea opening her bed to me last night and making me KD, i am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. i may not be the most social person (my weekends consist of homework, NCIS and a lot of eating..), but the friends i am blessed to have are true, and that's what is the most important.

2. i'm going home in 2 and a half weeks! a visit which will include a potential visit to victoria with my mummy, some kind of adventure with mr. dalin, hopefully some thrifting, and a behind sapphire concert featuring the wonderful lindsay lou.

3. i am surrounded by family, even a million miles away. between my family and max's, i have 2 fantastic families that support, love and care for me and i am SOO lucky. so blessed.

4. i have these words to live by:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment